Ohio Department of Education
The Ohio Department of Education oversees the state’s public education system, which includes public school districts, joint vocational school districts and charter schools. The Department also monitors educational service centers, other regional education providers, early learning and child care programs, and private schools. The Department’s tasks include administering the school funding system, collecting school fiscal and performance data, developing academic standards and model curricula, administering the state achievement tests, issuing district and school report cards, administering Ohio’s voucher programs, providing professional development, and licensing teachers, administrators, treasurers, superintendents and other education personnel. The Department is governed by the State Board of Education with administration of the Department the responsibility of the superintendent of public instruction.
The Learning Management System for Ohio Education
The Learning Management System for Ohio Education is available anytime and anywhere. The online system provides free courses and professional development on important state education initiatives for teachers and administrators.
To access the system, follow these simple steps.
- Go into your SAFE account.
- If you do not have a SAFE account, create one with your building administrator.
- Find and click on the Learning Management System link. No additional password required.
The LMS offers another way for teachers and administrators to learn from state experts on important topics. They can keep relevant materials and documents in an individualized e-portfolio.
Go into the LMS and explore modules now available in:
- Career-Technical Education
- Digital Teaching and Learning
- Diverse Learners
- Facilitating, Coaching and Mentoring
- Instructional Design
- Ohio Standards
- Ohio Evaluation Systems
- Supporting Military Families
- Teaching and Instruction
- Evaluating Digital Content for Instructional and Teaching Excellence
- Formative Instructional Practices (FIP)
- Resident Educator Program